Translate

Sunday 25 August 2013

The wonders of technology

If I did this trip 10 or even 5 years ago contacting home would be a near impossible feat. One could merely hope for a crackly phone call with a ten second lag whilst abruptly ending just as you've said "Hello".

However it feels like I've never left home. In the space of 3 days I have skyped my sister from Paris, received snapchats from schoolmates in Zambia and a FaceTime conversation with students in rural India. It is sad, in a sense that now in the world we live in we can no longer escape. Advances in technology does come with it's pros, worldwide communication is instant and great quality. Speaking to my mates who I though i wouldn't be able to do so for 3 weeks put the cheesiest grin on my face.

Off to the centre now for the 3rd day with face painting, apple bobbing and frisbee planned. Hope all goes well :)
No GM crops here!
Our group :)

No comments: